We are currently seeking an apprentice Sign Installer. We are looking for a hardworking self-starter who takes pride in their work and can work both independently and as part of a team. They must be reliable, professional in appearance, and courteous with customers. They must have good attention to detail. This position requires significant of time on the road helping with sign installations; overnight travel is needed. Clean driving and safety records are required. For the right person, there is plenty of potential for growth within the company.
This is an FLSA Non-Exempt position.
The desire and ability to perfect your skill using mechanical and electrical hand tools, and understanding construction concepts, are essential. Some responsibilities will include going to client locations and helping to install various types of signs. Apprentice installers should be able to climb and work at high altitudes in any weather. Sign Installer Apprentices need strong communication skills to understand different customer needs and requirements. You will have the opportunity to cross-train with Sign Mechanics and learn basic wiring, welding, metal fabrication and carpentry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helping the sign installer safely install various sign types & test light signs. Sign types include, but not limited to, channel letters, box signs, freestanding signs, custom signs, directional signs and misc. non-illuminated signs.
- Helping the installer safely install neon, fluorescent, and LED lighting systems.
- Learning to repair all signs listed above, including structural, electric and aesthetic issues.
- Manually lifting, loading and unloading all supplies and signs up to 100 lbs.
- Learning to rewire and remove defective parts and install new parts.
- Photographing signs once installed and document work preformed.
- High school or GED diploma
- Technical education in welding and manufacturing concepts required
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schedules and written, oral and diagrammed instructions
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and related documentation.
- Willingness to learn, observe, listen to instructions, and take constructive criticism and teaching. Must be able to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Must be mechanically inclined and use hand and power tools and digging equipment.
- Current and unrestricted driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Some overnight travel and flying required.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to do the following:
- Lifting, move or carry objects up to 100 lbs.
- Maneuvering on ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and poles
- Usinh feet, legs and hands and arms to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or navigating narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine and legs, and moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet
- Using hands to reach, handle or feel objects
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, odors, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic substances, excessive noise, vehicular traffic, and dampness or humidity. The applicant must not be afraid of heights, and willing to work in all-weather types.
Cima Network is an Equal Opportunity employer.