Cima Network is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. The position requires ship and receive finished goods and inventory products, inspect shipments for accuracy, damage and quantity. This person needs to use their knowledge of freight, big box shipping and how to prepare loads to successfully prepare to ship goods as well as receive them. This person needs to set up rentals for local deliveries.
Come join a growing, fast-paced company that welcomes motivated self-starters to help us grow.
This is an FLSA Non- Exempt position. Cima Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of “big box” shipping (UPS, FedEx etc.)
- Knowledge of staging shipments and loads
- Ability to load trucks safely and securely
- Knowledge base of freight, LTL, Dedicated Trucks, Line Haul, etc.
- Set up rentals for local runs (U-Haul, Penske, etc.)
- Hold a current valid driver’s license (making deliveries required)
- Prepare loads and products for in-house installation crews
- Staying late to accommodate job completion and pick-ups required
- Knowledgeable of packaging, crate fabrication, boxes, etc.
- Ability to receive shipments, finished goods, inventory products
- Capability to inspect shipments and product for quantity, accuracy and damage
- Assist Purchasing Agent with RMA’s, general returns and inventory counts
- Physically and electronically receive product into inventory
- Unpacking, examining and routing incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items, recording shortages, and corresponding with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receiving and processing all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition that follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Assisting in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or GED diploma
- 2 to 4 years experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer-based shipping and receiving programs, as well as competency to use them to maintain shipping records
- Strong organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility
- Reading and interpreting various documents, such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and related documentation
- Understanding and following verbal and written instructions
- Working independently and taking responsibility, and working under pressure to maintain schedules with quality work
- Must be mechanically inclined (will use tools, saws, nail guns and other power and digging equipment)
- Current and unrestricted driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Working varied hours and overtime.
- Lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Forklift-operator certification
- DOT card
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee could encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Will be working in all weather conditions
The essential functions of this job require regularly lifting, moving or carrying objects up to 70 pounds; ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles; utilize feet and legs or hands and arms; maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, or navigating narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; bending body downward and forward by bending spine and legs; moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet; using hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, odors, airborne particles, toxic or caustic substances, excessive noise, vehicular traffic, and dampness/humidity.